“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ.” Colossians 4:3
This summer the Lord continues to grow my faith by Him answering prayers. I can’t even list everything that He has done for us, but some include rooms at beach project becoming united, students having chances to share with their co-workers about Christ, students at beach project surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus, and even my roommate passing her nursing exam. The other day my friend Brooke and I were praying for her co-worker Colby, and the next day one of the campus outreach students got to share the Gospel with him! Lucy Walker texted me the other day while I was praying for her and she said that she got to share the Gospel with a Chinese co-worker.
Our God is so good and so faithful! Why don’t we ask for Him to move? If nothing else, this summer has taught me to humble myself and pray for God to move. He wants me to be totally dependent on Him to work mightily in people’s lives.
One prayer that He’s answered is through one of reasons I came to project. My heart is for the nations, so when I was asked to be a team leader this summer it was hard to think about staying here above going overseas. However, a guy on staff told me that I could go overseas this summer, or I could invest into a group of girls and help them catch the vision for the nations. That’s exactly what the Lord has been doing. I lead a team of girls that have been working at McDonald’s this summer. Each of them works with people from all over the world, including Romania, China, Vietnam, Ghana, and Turkey. Many of the girls on my team have shared with me that they are burdened for the lost all overt the world from working with these people. One girl even got to share Christ with a Chinese co-worker who had never even heard of Jesus! I praise God for His faithfulness to fulfilling His ultimate plan in our lives. Continue to pray that He would move and work in the hearts of the people that we meet here.
No comments:
Post a Comment